Rotomolded Parts Are Customizable & Durable
Rotational molding, or rotomolding, is the process of heating and spinning plastic resin into a mold to achieve a hollow plastic shape.
Benefits of rotomolding plastic parts include:
- Flexibility with shape.
- Corrosion resistance compared to the aluminum pieces they often replace.
- Reduced dependence on price-sensitive aluminum.
- Potential for weight savings.
- Ease in adding secondary assembly parts, such as sensors.
The Rotomolding Process
The rotomolding process is a simple, but effective way to produce consistent, quality parts. At Michiana Rotational Molding, our process is as follows:
- First, you will work with our design team to engineer your product.
- At that time, we will help determine the feasibility of rotational molding for the product. We always want to ensure that our process is the best fit for your unique needs.
- After everyone is satisfied with the product prep work, we will convert the design to mold in our in-house mold shop. Repairs to any existing molds can also be accommodated.
- Next, the rotational molding process begins using standard or customized resin colors to fit your specs.
- After being removed from the mold, products go on to secondary finishing, assembly, and quality review before being packed up for local delivery or shipping.